Mussol Khel FestivalThe Beginning
We start at Nossa Senhora De Belem, the main church in the village of Chandor.Our journey in the first capital of Goa thus begins.
Braganza Pereira House
Chandor is home to Palatial Indo- Portuguese houses dating more than 400 years, and we visit one of the best. The owner of the house takes you on a tour explaining its nooks and corners.
In its glory years, Chandor was subject to many attacks by different rulers and kingdoms.One such instance left a permanent mark on the history of Chandor when the Kadambas were slaughtered.
A journey back in time awaits at the Sarah Fernandes Heritage Home, also known as Vhadle Ghar ( The Big House ).It houses artefacts dating back centuries, and also some untold secrets.
The Feast Meal
Food is something Goans are very particular about, and here we make sure you only get the most awesome food. Lunch is provided at an ancestral home that has been turned into a restaurant
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Goan Lunch
- Site Visits
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Helping our journey tracing back the origins of Goa is this excavated site in Cotta, Chandor. The giant Nandi stands witness to everything that transpired in this glorious land from days of the yore.
Mussol Khel Festival
A festival in this village is dedicated to the brave Kshatriyas, who were a prominent community in the village. This ancient tradition involves the Christian Kshatriyas dressing up in their ancient Hindu costumes, and going around the village.
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes