The Island of Dveepvattika, or Divar as we presently know it , is the only major Island in Goa not connected by road. Flanked by Old Goa and Raibandar, this Island was once home to famous temples of Goa including the Saptkoteshwar Temple, the family deity of the Kadambas. As history would have it, it was one of the first places to be captured by the Portuguese in Goa. It suffered a strong bout of inquisition, and has innumerable stories to share.
On the Divar Exploration, we visit the Majestic Peidade Church, and also explore the cave in Divar. We also make it a point to explore the Aquaculture ponds and the Bandh-Manaas system dating back centuries. Also included are visit to Porne Tirth ( The Site of Saptkoteshwar temple ) and all the other important monuments of this island. It doesn't stop there, as visit to a local tavern in the Island is a part of the experience.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- A drink at a local Tavern
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Peidade Church
- Saptakoteshwar Temple Tank
- Making of Divar