The Island of Dveepvattika or Divar as we presently know it, is the only major Island in Goa not connected by road. Flanked by Old Goa and Ribandar, this island was once home to famous temples of Goa including the Temple of Saptkoteshwar, the family deity of the Kadambas. As history would have it, it was one of the first places to be captured by the Portuguese in Goa. It suffered a strong bout of inquisition, and has innumerable stories to share.
On the Divar Island Exploration, we explore the major religious monuments on the island, a temple pond dating back to nearly a thousand years. This island is a surprise to the common man and will leave you mesmerized with its untouched beauty. We are then taken for a lovely boat ride through the river Mandovi and we get to jump into the river for an enriching clay bath experience!
Note: This is not a walking trail. Transport would be required between the points in the trail. We recommend using the same transport that you come by for the whole trail. Transport is not provided by Soul Travelling.
Trail Duration: 4-5 Hours
Start Time: 3 PM
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- Drinking Water Filling stations
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Soft drinks, extra alcohol etc.
- Additional time beyond the standard duration
- Ferry Crossing Onto The Island
- Historic Piedade Church
- Kadamba Temple Ruins Dating Back To Nearly A Thousand Years
- Boat Ride to the Mud Bath Spot
- Jump Into The River for A Clay Bath Experience
- Stop For Local Delicacies
- Feni Tasting
- Historic Our Lady of Piety Church
- Saptkoteshwar Temple Tank Ruins
- Boat Ride to the Clay Bath Spot
- Jump Into The River
- Clay Bath Experience
- Feni Tasting Experience
- Tea/Coffee and Snacks