The Island of Dveepvattika, or Divar as we presently know it , is the only major Island in Goa not connected by road. Flanked by Old Goa and Raibandar, this Island was once home to famous temples of Goa including the Saptkoteshwar Temple, the family deity of the Kadambas. As history would have it, it was one of the first places to be captured by the Portuguese in Goa. It suffered a strong bout of inquisition, and has innumerable stories to share.
On the Divar Exploration, we explore the major religious monuments on the island its mysteries such as a clean cut rock cave and a temple pond dating back nearly a thousand years. This island is a surprise to the common man and will leave you mesmerized with it's untouched beauty. We are then welcomed by a local host in his beautiful abode who helps us explore different types of Goan Feni. We are then guided through the fields to a man- made lake, where we can dive in and even try our hand at fishing.
This trail is for locals as well as tourists.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Drinking Water Filling stations
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Soft drinks, extra alcohol etc.
- Ferry Crossing into only major Goan Island not connected by Road
- Visit to the Historic Piedade Church and the legendary Saptakoteshwar Temple Ruins
- Learn about about centuries old traditional fishing techniques that are in practice even to this day.
- The village boasts of some interesting personalities, and we have one of them welcoming us in his abode
- Listen in to some amazing music as you enjoy your snack
- The Goans are known for different types of Cashew Feni, and you get a chance to taste the best of them
- Our Lady of Piety Church
- Christ the Redeemer Chapel
- Tavern Visit
- Temple Tank Ruins
- Rock cut Cave