The Island of Dveepvattika, or Divar as we presently know it , is the only major Island in Goa not connected by road. Flanked by Old Goa and Raibandar, this Island was once home to famous temples of Goa including the Saptkoteshwar Temple, the family deity of the Kadambas. As history would have it, it was one of the first places to be captured by the Portuguese in Goa. It suffered a strong bout of inquisition, and has innumerable stories to share.
On the Divar Exploration, we explore the major religious monuments on the island, a temple pond dating back nearly a thousand years. This island is a surprise to the common man and will leave you mesmerized with it's untouched beauty. We are then welcomed by a local host in his beautiful abode who helps us explore different types of Goan Feni. We are then guided through the fields to a man- made lake, where we can dive in and even try our hand at fishing.
This trail is for locals as well as tourists.
Note: This is not a walking trail. Transport would be required between the points in the trail. We recommend using the same transport that you come by for the whole trail. Transport is not provided by Soul Travelling.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- Feni Tasting
- Fishing Rods as needed
- Drinking Water Filling stations
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Soft drinks, extra alcohol etc.
- Additional time beyond the standard duration
- Ferry Crossing onto the Island
- Historic Piedade Church
- Saptakoteshwar Temple Ruins
- Old traditional fishing techniques that are in practice even to this day.
- Meeting a Local Person from the village at his home.
- Walk through the fields and jump into a man-made lake for a clay bath.
- Tasting of varieties of Feni brewed on the Island.
- Our Lady of Piety Church
- Temple Tank Ruins
- Sluice Gate
- House Visit
- Clay Bath
- Feni Tasting
- Tea and Snacks