Goa is blessed with water all around. The backwaters, rivers, ponds and the mighty ocean! Not only are they beautiful to the eye but also an integral part of the Goan lifestyle. Fish are known as the fruits of the sea and exploring the variety of seafood found in Goa is a gastronomical experience by itself.
We have seen fish on our plate several times but now it is time to experience what goes behind getting a good catch. This experience will give you an opportunity to try your hand at fishing with the help of a passionate local who has several years of experience under his belt. We move to different spots along the back waters and sluice gates, trying our hand at getting a good catch! We learn the basics of how to use the fishing rod and the significance of fishing among the locals. Filling up with some warm snacks at a traditional Goan home completes the whole experience.
What happens to the fish you catch? Come find out!
Note: This is not a walking trail. Transport is required to get between the points in between the trail. We recommend using the same transport that you come by to get between the points in the trail. Transport not provided by Soul Travelling.
Trail Duration: 6 Hours
Start Time: 8:30 AM
What is included in the tour
- Indo Portuguese house Visit
- Local Home made Snacks with Tea
- Equipment for rod fishing
- Bait and accessories
- Soul Travelling Goodies
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals/Inclusions not mentioned
- Bottled Water
- Aguada Round Fort
- Local House Visit
- Lunch at Hyatt Centric
- Visit a local Fish Market - and get introduced to local fish
- Different Fishing techniques
- Heading Out to the River
- Exciting Local Stories!
- Meet at Hyatt Centric
- Visit the Local Fish Market
- Head out to a Local Home
- Get Introduced to Multiple Fishing Techniques
- Head out to a Spot for Fishing - along with Picnic Baskets
- Fisherman's Shot
- Come back to Hyatt Centric for lunch - Fish Preparation of your choice