Goa has long been known not only for its beaches, but also its magnificent churches. The popular monumental churches of Old Goa are visited in large numbers, leaving behind several others which are equally beautiful and rich in heritage. Carefully hidden behind the walls of these majestic monuments are mysteries that have been discovered only recently during restorations.
Come witness the astounding works of art found on the walls of these monumental buildings, which could have been inspired by the Hindu Temples along the Konkan Coast! The ancient art of KAAVI made with a paste of soil and charcoal filled into an etched design will keep you wondering how one could possess such an intricate skill with magnificent results. Learn about how this beautiful art form has barely survived to tell its tale today. In addition, the colorful murals, rich blue stucco plaster work and also the rustic remains of one of the biggest churches to be built in Goa. This trail also touches upon the recent restorations and discoveries right from hidden forms of art to the bones of a Georgian Queen in one of the churches.
Note: This is a walking trail.
Trail Duration: 2.5 - 3 Hours
Start Time: 3:00 PM
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Enter one of the first religious building built by the Portuguese in Goa
- Exploring the birth place of the famous Goan sweet "Bebinca"
- Visit Asia's one of a kind Museum
- Spot the remains of a Church
- Visit one of the most unique chapel in Goa
- Church of our Lady of Rosary
- Convent of Santa Monica
- Museum of Christian Art
- Ruins of St. Augustine
- Royal Chapel of St. Anthony