Goa has long been known for its churches and beaches. Primarily the monumental churches of Old Goa are visited leaving behind several others which are equally beautiful and rich in heritage. Carefully hidden behind the walls of these majestic monuments are mysteries that have been discovered only recently during the restoration.
These astounding works of art on the walls of these monumental buildings could have been inspired by the Hindu Temples along the Konkan Coast. The ancient art of KAAVI made with a paste of soil and charcoal filled into an etched design will keep you wondering how one could possess such an intricate skill with magnificent results. Learn about how this beautiful art form has barely survived to tell its tale today. In addition, the colorful murals, rich blue stucco plaster work and also the rustic remains of one of the biggest churches to be built in Goa. This trail also touches upon the recent restorations and discoveries right from hidden forms of art to the bones of a Georgian Queen in some of the churches.
The trail is for locals as well as tourists.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Drinking Water Filling stations
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- The Sgraffitos on Churches ( Kaavi Art)
- Santa Monica Monastery and its secrets
- Discovery of the bones of Queen Ketevan
- The Church of the Miraculous Weeping Cross
Points we will be stopping by:
- Church of our Lady of Rosary
- Church of Santa Monica
- Ruins of St Augustine
- Royal Chapel of St Anthony