Goa has long been known for its churches and beaches. Most visitors to Goa make it a point to visit the monumental churches of Old Goa and come away with a few images of the monumental churches. However, there is something more to these churches that meet the eye!
There are absolutely astounding works of art on the walls of these monumental buildings that will amaze you. From simple child-like drawings on the walls made in vegetable dyes and mineral pigments to the ancient art of KAAVI made with a paste of soil and charcoal filled into an etched design, these walls are, literally, worth a thousand words.
Join us on a uniquely different tour of the churches of Santa Monica, Our Lady of Rosary, Royal Chapel of St. Anthony and the ruins of St Augustine and listen to these ancient art walls speak.
The trail is for locals as well as tourists.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Sgraffitos on Churches ( Kaavi Art)
- Santa Monica Convent its secrets
- Discovery of the bones of queen Ketevan
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes