THE VILLAGE EXPERIENCE
A typical day in the village of Cansaulim is better than most. The discovery begins with the local Tinto ( Market ), the Girron and all the other important points in this village. And we visit the local post office too!
THE RAILWAY STATION
Built by the British, the station still carries memories of the colonial past. We explore different items and stories of how the Portuguese developed trade in this region with the help of the British.
THE CANSAULIM CHURCH
We start our journey at the beautiful church dedicated to St Thomas. The village is famous for its water connectivity, and we explain the secrets behind the same. The trail is conducted by Soul Travelling Ambassador.
The Goan cuisine is heavily influenced by the Portuguese, and here we try some delicacies which have a mesmerizing blend of both. The lunch is provided in a scenic setting and is probably the best meal you'll have for a while.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Goan local Drinks
- Feni Tasting
- Learn to make Goan Local Bread
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
THREE KINGS CHURCH
There have been many myths about this one, about how this is a haunted place. We take you on a journey which will help you in bursting these myths and come out much wiser. The famous Three Kings Feast culminates at this church and is celebrated only at 3 places in the whole of Goa.
THE STORY OF FENI
Because Feni is a handcrafted spirit that has a story waiting to be shared – of its history, emotion, cultural background; the generations of people who have safeguarded it; and the mixologists who have created magic with it. We take you on a visit to the feni distillery and introduce you to this magical drink.
Pao is something a Goan cannot live without. Introduced by the Portuguese, these local bread have taken over the heart and soul of every Goan and tourist. We visit a local bakery and try to figure out what goes behind this beautiful delicacy
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes