The Navratri festival is celebrated in a very special way in Goa. The deities in different temples are decorated with what is called ' Makhars', and then the devotees swing the same. This is a sight to watch. Each Temple has its own type of Makhars - and different ones over each of the nine days. Join us as we celebrate this Extraordinary Festival of Goa.
The Makhar Trail explores different temples in Antruz area and the secrets behind this tradition. The four temples visited are below:
- Mahalaxmi Temple, Bandora
- Nageshi Temple, Nageshi
- Shantadurga Temple, Kavlem
- Ramnath Temple, Ramnathi
Apart from this, we talk to the people behind this tradition, on how they actually approach this festival and create magic. The trail will be led by Dr Tanvi Kamat Bambolkar, a resident of Bandora and doctorate on Folk Theatre of Goa. Also included are stories about Bandora and a special ( Non Veg ) meal at one of the most iconic locations in the entire of Goa.
What is included in the tour
- Trails across temples of Mahalaxmi, Nageshi, Kavlem and Ramnathi and Makhar Festivities
- Transport from Margao and Panaji
- Veg Snacks and Tea at temple premises
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid Kit
- Light Meal
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Unique Makhar festivities of Goa
- Interaction with people behind Makhar Tradition
- Sadu Chilly Chicken
- Trail led by expert