Walk into the rustic settings of a Goan bakery to experience a baking session in progress. Take a deep breath and let the potent combination of butter, bread, and burning wood fill up your senses. Then make way for freshly-baked bread hot out of the oven. Watch the steam rise as you break a piece of the piping. hot pao and take in the aroma before you bite into the soft, spongy centre that swiftly melts in your mouth.
Break pieces of bread, dip it into your sugary tea or slather a generous amount of butter into the centre and eat it whole. Let a plate of chicken xacuti make its way onto your table: the aroma of the masala, coconut, and the curry making your mouth water. Break a piece of that heavenly pao and soak it into the curry before taking a generous bite.
Then close your eyes and enjoy this authentic Goan treat. There's ros-omlette. chicken cafreal, `tonak', `salaad'. oily onion and potato `bhaji', and countless other ways to enjoy this rich affair with pao, just like the Goans do. That is what the life of pao is all about.
What is included in the tour
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes