Nestled in the scenic landscapes of Goa, the village of Majorda with its timeless charm offers a glimpse into the unhurried pace of village life that captures the essence of Goa's cultural richness. Walk into the rustic settings of a Goan bakery to experience a baking session in progress. Goa’s culinary is a tell tale. It’s a mix of many different cultures, pao making is one of the art bought to Goa by Portuguese and now it rests at the core of Goa’s culinary scene. Majorda is the place where the Goans were first trained in the art bread making.
Take a deep breath and let the aroma of bread, and burning wood fill up your senses. Then make way for freshly-baked bread hot out of the oven. Watch the steam rise as you break a piece of the piping hot pao and take in the sweet smell before you bite into the soft, spongy centre that swiftly melts in your mouth. That is what the life of pao is all about.
This experience embraces the intricacies of making Pao in a local rustic bakery. Immerse yourself in an authentic Goan experience as you venture into a traditional mud bakery in Majorda.
Come, be a part of the Pao making experience, and savor the simplicity and authenticity of traditional Goan bread making.
Note: This is not a walking trail. Transport would be required between the different points in the trail. We recommend using the same transport that you come by for the whole trail. Transport is not provided by Soul Travelling.
Trail Duration: 3 Hours
Start Time: 2 PM
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- All entry fees and Permissions
- Soul Traveling Goodies
- Bakery visit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal expenses
- Bottled Water
- Unearth the charm of a traditional fire wood bakery in Majorda
- Embark on an immersive journey into the art of Pao making
- Roll up your sleeves for a hands-on bread-making experience
- Indulge in the flavours of authentic Goan snacks
- A visit to Anthony Gonsalves House
- Immerse yourself in captivating tales shared by the locals
- Arrival at the bakery
- Pao making experience
- Visit to a restraunt for snacks
- Visit to a Church
- Visit to Anthony Gonsalves House
- Snacks at a cafe