Hidden gems of Veling village is a sneak-peak into the rich culture of Goa, and into the lives of people living it.
The unexplored village of Veling in Goa has a lot to see and explore. It is a small village located in Ponda taluka and is located about 20 kilometres from the capital city of Panaji, Goa. A couple of temples of high religious significance are located in Veling that helped in molding the rich history of the village.
The day begins in this village at the famous Lakshminarsimha temple, and a temple tank that takes your breath away. Bhavesh Velingkar, The Soul Travelling Ambassador for Veling, takes you on an amazing journey in his village with untold stories and mind-boggling facts.
The stories continue to the famous Dusshera tradition near the Aapto tree, and we discover the stories behind the festival of Zaagor. We even venture into nature, towards a private spring with a quick stop for breakfast.
We then visit to a 200+ year old house in the village. This trail is full of surprises, and is for locals as well as tourists.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Visit to 200 year old house
- About Jagor festivities
- Temples of Veling
- Aapto Tree
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes