Hidden gems of Veling village is a sneak-peak into the rich culture of Goa, and into the lives of people living it.
In the temple town of Veling, we discover the stories behind all the temples in this area and their significance. We start with an authentic Goan breakfast and drink from a freshwater spring in the vicinity of a famous temple.
"We then visit a 200+ years old home and take you on its tour to explain the social aspects. Veling is famous for its festival of Jagor ( The vigil), and we explore the secrets and the men behind this tradition. We have an actual treasure hunt in this house of the past"
A surprise awaits us at the end of this fulfilling walk. The walk is for tourists as well as locals :)
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- "Visit to 200 year old house
- Jagor festivities
- "Temples of Veling
- Aapto Tree
- Local music and handicrafts "
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes