The cultural capital of Goa, Margao is known for its rich cultural history and historic architectural landmarks that attract hordes of tourists every year. The Making of Margao tries to explore this bustling city – with a focus on local stories and unknown trivia.
Start with the historic 400+ years old Holy Spirit Church, established in 1564. The discussion about the infamous Margao Massacre of 1890 takes place here, with some marks that stand witness to the happening of that day.
"You will then take a journey of how the city was established – from Old Municipality (1770) and Market to the new one (1905). Cover all the important structures of this city, including a structure that hosted one of the greatest thinkers of the modern era.
An authentic local snack at a cafe from 1935 is included in the walk.
The walk is for tourists as well as locals :)
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- "Equinox at Holy Spirit
- Ana Fonte Garden "
- The Margao Massacre
- Camara de Salcete
- Damodar Sal
- Lohia Maidan
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes