The ancient city of Chandor ( Chandrapur ) served as the first capital of Goa for the Bhojas and the Kadambas.
Right from an Excavation site to the Goa's most famous houses built in the Portuguese era, Chandor is a place that never ceases to amaze you. This journey also includes a visit to St Tiago chapel, outside which you find the stone with the curse of the queen. We have visits to some prominent houses of this area included in the trail.
The Trail will help you discover the Origins of Goa, and compare it with the contemporary lifestyle. The walk is for tourists as well as locals :)
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Visit Old Indo Portuguese houses
- Excavated Site Visit
- Soul Travelling Goodies
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Origin Of Chandor
- Nossa Senhora de Belem Church
- Excavated Site of Chandor
- Curse of the Queen
- Mussol Khel
- Heritage Houses
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes