Panjim, the capital of Goa is known for its Indo Portuguese styled commercial architecture that was one of the first to be established when the capital was moved. One beautiful little section that was built during the making was Fontainhas also called the Latin Quarter of Panjim.
From the times of tobacco trade to the minting of coins and the final administrative center of the Portuguese, Panjim has seen it all. With a special focus on the Fontainhas area, we discover the Making of Panaji. We learn how ‘Nova Goa’ developed as the new capital city after Old Goa crumbled down with the disease. We listen to stories about the most prominent monuments of the area. In addition, we visit one of the most prominent bakeries and try out some local delicacies.
This trail is for locals as well as tourists. Let Panjim give you an experience of Goa that will seem like a whole new world altogether.
This is a walking trail with an approximate distance of about 1.5KM total.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Sweet Tasting
- Soul Traveling Goodies
- All Entry Fees
- Drinking Water Filling Station
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses
- Additional time beyond the standard duration
- Guided Walk through the narrow brightly colored lanes of Fontainhas, also called the Latin Quarter of Goa
- Stories about prominent monuments like the Adil Shah Palace, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, St Sebastian Chapel and the narrow lanes bearing hallmarks of the long Portuguese regime in Goa
Local Goan Sweets
- The Panjim Post Office
- Sao Tome Chapel
- A Popular Local Bakery
- St Sebastian Chapel
- Immaculate Conception Church
- Garcia De Orta
- Adil Shah Palace