Panjim, the capital of Goa is known for its Indo Portuguese styled commercial architecture that was one of the first to be established when the capital was moved. One beautiful little section that was built during the making was Fontainhas also called the Latin Quarter of Panjim.
From the times of tobacco trade to the minting of coins and the final administrative center of the Portuguese, Panjim has seen it all. With a special focus on the Fontainhas area, we discover the Making of Panaji. We learn how ‘Nova Goa’ developed as the new capital city after Old Goa crumbled down with the disease. We listen to stories about the most prominent monuments of the area. In addition, we will visit one of the first houses in this area and join the owner as he shows you around and shares his experiences.
This trail is for locals as well as tourists. Let Panjim give you an experience of Goa that will seem like a whole new world altogether.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- All Entry Fees
- Drinking Water Filling Station
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Guided Walk through the narrow brightly colored lanes of Fontainhas, also called the Latin Quarter of Goa
- Stories about prominent monuments like the Adilshah Palace, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, St Sebastian Chapel and the narrow lanes bearing hallmarks of the long Portuguese regime in Goa
Get an opportunity to interact with a prominent local who welcomes you in his Indo- Portuguese styled house and shares his stories with you
Spots we will be stopping by:
- The Panjim Post Office
- Sao Tome Chapel
- A Popular Local Bakery
- St Sebastian Chapel
- Visit to an Indo Portuguese House
- Immaculate Conception Church
- Adil Shah Palace