Ilhas Dos Fidalgos - The Island of the Noblemen, this is the name the island of Chorao was given by the Portuguese, who captured this as one of their first conquests of their 451- years long rule. It is one of the most prominent areas for migratory birds in the country, and the famous Dr Salim Ali Bird sanctuary is an integral part of this island today!
This trail is a journey that uncovers the best of Chorao island - A boat ride into the mangroves, the Oldest Church of Chorao, One of the most unique temples in the country, The Bunds and Maanos System and the Lost Seminary. The Island of Chorao is an exploration which balances everything in the perfect sense - the beautiful ecosystem, the lost heritage, inspiring stories and the most amazing travelers.
Note: This is not a walking trail. Transport would be required between the different points in the trail. We recommend using the same transport that you come by for the whole trail. Transport is not provided by Soul Travelling.
Trail Duration: 4 Hours
Start Time: 7 AM
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Snacks and Tea
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- Boat Ride with Life jacket
- All Entry Fees and Permissions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Transport and ferry expenses.
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Additional time beyond the standard duration.
- A beautiful journey to the place known as Ilhas Dos Fidalgos ( The Island of the Noblemen) under the Portuguese and into its vast mangroves.
- Explore the most prominent areas for migratory birds in the entire country on a boat.
- Trek along a small hillock to a vantage point with picturesque view of the region where exists the ruins of an ancient seminary.
- There are very few temples across the country dedicated to Lord Krishna and his biological mother Devki- feel the magic at the one that exists on this island.
- Local Tavern Visit
- Boat Ride through the Mangroves of Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary for bird spotting
- Devaki Krishna Temple
- Local Breakfast at a Scenic Spot
- Ruins of a Portuguese Seminary
- Historic Church Visit
- Tavern Visit for Feni Tasting