Join us as we explore the mangrove forest at Chorao to understand it's uniqueness, role in climate resilience and the life it supports!
We start at the Chorao ferry point near Patto-Ribandar, and then explore this beautiful Island and its star attraction - The Salim Ali Bird sanctuary. We set out on foot into the envelope of the mangrove forest and soon yo would be perking up their ears to the sounds of bird life teeming around. There would be learning about the gooing lumps like active little volcanoes all along the pathway were actually mud crabs at work, the loud clickety clicks were the sounds made by fiddler crabs with their large single claws, and you will get to sight snails, barnacles and mud skippers.
And of course, the innumerable birds in this area!
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Soul Travelling Goodies
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Mangroves - The life it supports!
- Add On - Boat Ride