Experience is a great teacher, and here we do it with the best - people who have been a part of this place since as long as they can remember! They have carved out a niche for themselves in their respective fields. These experts come around to show you their backyards :)
This trail is for locals as well as tourists and includes snacks.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
A man with many first challenges and many firsts down the road - Mr Maendra Alvares! He established the first advertising agency in Goa - Art Ads, in 1983, handling different publicity media under one roof.In 1994 he launched "Ancestral Goa" - the first of its kind, open air museum spread over 9 acres at Loutolim, depicting the culture and tradition of rural Goa that existed a hundred years ago, in the form of life size statues and structures. It is currently one of the prominent museums that exist in Goa. A sculpture of Sant Mirabai strumming on her tambori and measuring 14 meters by 5 meters was chiseled in Greco - Roman style from a vast expanse of laterite stone by Maendra Alvares in just 30 days. This work has been cited In the Limca Book of Records as the longest laterite sculpture in India.
Maendra Alvares takes around around his creations and his village of Loutolim - with Untold Mysteries and Secrets!
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes