Experience is a great teacher, and here we do it with the best - people who have been a part of this place since as long as they can remember! They have carved out a niche for themselves in their respective fields. These experts come around to show you their backyards :)
This trail is for locals as well as tourists and includes snacks.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
One of the most prominent historians of Goa, Prajal Sakhardande is an associate professor and HOD of History at Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Panaji. A recipient of multiple awards (recently he received the Goenkarponn award for History and Heritage in July 2018), he is the Chairperson of Goa Heritage Action Group. He is an author of many books and newspaper columns. He is active in the heritage conservation movement in Goa and writes regularly on the subject. Prajal’s intimate connections with local communities bring the Group closer to ground realities. His most recent book was a detailed history of Goa from the earliest times to 2019, titled 'Goa Gold Goa Silver - Her History, Her Heritage'
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes