Rachol Fort Gate
We start with the village of Rachol, a beautiful village on the banks of river Zuari. One of the first places to be captured by the Portuguese in South Goa, we start at this historic remains of what was earlier a full-fledged fort
One of the oldest seminaries in Asia, this place is full of mysteries and secrets. We take you on an exotic journey here.And hey, not to forget the visit to this seminary by one of the most prominent experts on Hinduism, ever.
The Village Of Rachol
There are so many striking features that differentiate Rachol from the rest of the world. We visit the remains of Rachol Port, Our Lady Of Snows ( Oldest church in South Goa ) and a very special bridge!
Ancestral Home Visit
The village of Shiroda was untouched by the Portuguese rule till the late 18th century and hence is predominantly Hindu. We visit an ancestral Hindu home, giving us an opportunity to peep into the days gone by.
The most famous temple in the village of Shiroda is Kamakshi temple, a deity that was moved across the river.We visit this temple which is believed to come to Goa from Assam, located in north-east India.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Ferry Ride
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
It's not all that fun to use only one mode of transport - so we switch to the amazing ferry ride in river Zuari.
Enjoy the beauty on both coasts of the river as it leaves you breathless - yes, you could do it forever.
Pao is something a Goan cannot live without. Introduced by the Portuguese, these local bread have taken over the heart and soul of every Goan and tourist. We visit a local bakery and try to figure out what goes behind this beautiful delicacy.
As far as food is concerned, we do not leave it to chance. We stick to our basic, an authentic Goan meal.This is as close as you will get to experience what the Goans call a staple diet.
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes