Ilhas Dos Fidalgos - The Island of the Noblemen.This is the name Chorao was known as by the Portuguese, who captured this as one of their first conquests of 451- years long rule. It is one of the most prominent areas for migratory birds in the entire India, and the famous Dr Salim Ali Bird sanctuary is an integral part of this island today.
This trail is a journey that uncovers the best of Choaro island - A boat ride into the mangroves, the Oldest Church of Chorao, One of the most unique temples in entire India , The Bunds and Maanos System , and the Lost Seminary. The Island of Chorao is an exploration about nature, culture, heritage and us!
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Authentic Local Snacks
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- Boat Ride
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Boat Ride through the mangrove system
- St. Bartholomew Church
- The Devki Krishna Temple
- Bunds and Manos System
- The Lost Seminary