Join us as we explore the mangrove forest at Chorao to understand it's uniqueness, role in climate resilience and the life it supports!
We start at the Chorao ferry point near Patto-Ribandar, and then explore this beautiful Island and its star attraction - The Salim Ali Bird sanctuary. We set out on foot into the envelope of the mangrove forest and soon yo would be perking up their ears to the sounds of bird life teeming around. There would be learning about the gooing lumps like active little volcanoes all along the pathway were actually mud crabs at work, the loud clickety clicks were the sounds made by fiddler crabs with their large single claws, and you will get to sight snails, barnacles and mud skippers.
And of course, the innumerable birds in this area! The trail will be conducted by Architect Tallulah D'Silva
That Tallulah D’Silva has won several awards for her work and even been a speaker for a TEDx event fades in comparison to her other achievements as a passionate environmentalist and architect — and a catalyst for change.From working on initiatives such as the ‘Kids for Tigers’ project, Global Shapers; powering urban interventions such as NoMoZo, Black Spot Fixes and, now, the Travelling Dome; to even developing ecological projects such as the EcoLoo and bio-remediation systems, D’Silva’s life as an architect is as unique as it gets.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Soul Travelling Goodies
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Mangroves - The life it supports!
- Boat ride if weather permits