Chikal Kalo is a local Goan festival – one of the many that you see only in Goa. The festival dates back to over 400 years and is believed to have moved to Marcel, from Chorao, along with the temple, during the Portuguese rule. Though the villagers cannot really trace back the exact year the festival commenced, they celebrate it with great fervour, year after year, by rolling in the mud and playing traditional games. The ground opposite Devaki Krishna Temple becomes a playground for over 300 revellers on this day. The participants are Oiled - Oil protects them against any possible infection from the mud. At the temples, these oil-soaked bodiesmove around the temple before entering .
There are loads and loads of games that follow! Don't miss out on being part of the most unique festival of Goa
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- The Festival Of Chikal Kalo