We're up and running, letting our love for food take us to Mapusa, and its busy Friday market. We go from Our Lady of Milagres Church, walk up to a Kunbi Sari shop, the Swiss Chapel and let the delicacies from our favorite spots tickle your taste buds. On the way we'll sample from a range of fruit and bakery baskets, chillies from Kashmir, palm jaggery, red parched rice, sun-cured chouricos, salts of Goa and around, take in the scenes and sounds and, literally, smell the coffee.
Mapusa is unique in different ways, and the people have their own favourite places for every dish. We join Vikram Dessai, who has enjoyed these culinary delights, as he takes us around some of the most surprising locations and food journeys in his backyard. On this trail, we bond over food, listen to stories and take home memories!
What is included in the tour
- Local Food Experiences
- Guided Tour across the City
- Stories from the Owners
- Light Meal
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Milagres Church
- Secrets of Mapusa
- Mapusa Market and its Highlights
- Story of Ernest Borges
- The Swiss Chapel
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes