The Goan houses have their own charm - People have often misrepresented the architecture as being Portuguese architecture. Each one of them has a story to tell - the reasons they were built the way they were, the rains they have witnessed, and of course, the stories that took place there. We venture on a unique mission with our series on Houses of Goa - to decode these secrets.
In this trail, we will visit Prominent houses in the village, and discuss the stories about the house. It will include some authentic local snacks. Apart from the houses, there will be stories about the village - It's Making, Visit the prominent places and local stories.
This trail is for locals as well as tourists :)
What is included in the tour
- Curated Trail
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid Kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Explore the quaint and peaceful village in North Goa deriving its name from the plantations in the village and famous for the marvelous houses along narrow winding streets
- Listen to tales from the past and feel at home as we visit these houses and understand them
- Live the past as we visit the Saligao club and meet villagers who enjoyed dancing in this club
- Get awed as we find more about the only gothic church in goa and some special artefacts brought from Old Goa which are a part of this
- Wander though a ward and chapel in which all the villagers have the same middle name
- Taste some magical local delights as you are greeted by some amazing local hosts
The Pickup points are as below :
Margao - KTC Bus Stand, Opposite Paolo Travels ( 02.30 PM )
Map Location : https://goo.gl/maps/8eNKC8nbsrHG3tV27
Panaji - Patto Plaza, Opposite Navtara Hotel ( 03.30 PM )
Map Location : https://goo.gl/maps/1c2F3XdKDHXMxXNE6