Antruz Mahal, Modernly known as Ponda , has been a place of historic and cultural importance in the story of Goa. It has been a center of excellence for musicians, artists as well as medical experts.
With the Antruz Mahal Walk, we explore the origins of this place, learn the stories of Satyagraha and learn about Dr. Dada Vaidya. Stories from Almeida High School and introduction to the concept of Balcao is also a part.
We end with some amazing local breakfast at a 50 years old cafe! This trail is for locals as well as tourists :)
What is included in the tour
- Guided Tour
- Snacks / Breakfast
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- First Aid / Medical kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Legacy Of Dada Vaidya
- Visit to a Art Gallery
- "Kranti Maidan
- Kulagaar and Balcao
- Origin of Ponda"
Things to know
- Please cooperate with the tour expert to maintain time and decorum
- This activity is suitable for people above the age of 10 years
- Usage of any recording device is strictly prohibited
- Heritage sites and temples may require appropriate attire, that covers knees and shoulders
- The guide is a local expert with in-depth knowledge and insight.
Recommended Backpack Essentials
- Medication (if any)
- Comfortable shoes